Saturday, October 27, 2012

Black Shiny Bookcase

Okay, so here goes. I've been working on this bookcase now for about 2 weeks & I'm almost done. Here it is, sequentially. The top left and right will be books, the middle top will hold a lantern & candle, the middle are basket drawers, bottom left is books/camera stuff and bottom right is my printer. 

1. General idea taped on my wall
2. top left one (at Target)
3. adding some bracing (more added later)


4. stained & assembled for the first time



5. assembled, holes filled.



6. recessing those screws, filling w/ putty

7. baskets = drawers
8. Sanded wood putty, 2 coats paint, Satin Black. 

Now see the bottom of the bookcase on Steps 4 & 7, how it looks different? the back has openings to allow for slipping a power strip under there. Still to come, the bottom right area will have a drill hole for the printer power cable and mayyybe a hole on the bottom left compartment too. I'll add the last pictures below once I'm finished. I still need to purchase a candle lantern to put in the top middle compartment.

1 comment:

  1. Having read this I believed it was rather informative. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this informative article together.
    I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and
    leaving comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!



    my web blog; medi weightloss clinic

    ReplyDelete